Helen Sykes is one of the authors on the Fiji Chapter.
World Seas: An Environmental Evaluation
Volume II: The Indian Ocean to the Pacific
Mangubhai S, Sykes H, Lovell E, Brodie G, Jupiter S, Lal R, Lee S, Loganimoce EM, Morris C, Nand Y, Qauqau I, Rashni B (2018) Fiji: Coastal and marine ecosystems. In C. Sheppard (ed.) World Seas.: An Environmental Evaluation Volume II: The Indian Ocean to the Pacific. Elsevier, Oxford.
The Indian Ocean to the Pacific provides a comprehensive review of the environmental condition of the seas from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific.
Each chapter is written by experts in the field who provide historical overviews in environmental terms, current environmental status, major problems arising from human use, informed comments on major trends, problems and successes, and recommendations for the future.
The book is an invaluable worldwide reference source for students and researchers who are concerned with marine environmental science, fisheries, oceanography and engineering and coastal zone development.
- Covers regional issues that help countries find solutions to environmental decline that may have already developed elsewhere
- Provides scientific reviews of regional issues, thus empowering managers and policymakers to make progress in under-resourced countries and regions
- Includes comprehensive maps and updated statistics in each region covered
Professionals and students interested in marine science, environmental science and climate change impact
Table of Contents
Fiji: Coastal and Marine Ecosystems
Sangeeta Mangubhai, Helen Sykes, Edward Lovell, Gilianne Brodie, Stacy Jupiter, Cherie Morris, Steven Lee, Epeli M. Loganimoce, Bindiya Rashni, Ronal Lal, Yashika Nand, Ingrid Qauqau
- No. of pages: 934
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2019
- Published: 14th September 2018
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN: 9780081008539